This nutritious vegan recipe for Asian Fried Cauliflower Tacos has been created using Niulife Fysh Sauces the hero ingredient, and is also 100% plant-based and super healthy!
Recipe provided by Anushka Malcolm, @barehealthstudio.
PREP TIME 30 minutes COOK TIME 20 minutes SERVES 3 DIFFICULTY Easy
- 6 soft shell corn tacos
- ½ avocado
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil
- 2 cups of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus 1 teaspoon extra for serving
- 4 tablespoons Niulife Coconut Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Niulife Cocomino Fysh Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- ¼ lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- pinch each chilli, cumin and coriander
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Slaw: Combine cabbage, spring onion, lime juice, salt and oil in a bowl. Allow to rest for 30 minutes to soften cabbage.
- Cauliflower: Whisk together tapioca flour, water and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds to form a batter. Heat coconut oil in a frypan over medium heat. Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter and cook until golden brown. Add sauces and extra teaspoon of sesame seeds into pan and mix until cauliflower is coated.
- Sauce: Combine coconut yoghurt, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, chilli, coriander and garlic in a small bowl. Heat tacos in a frying pan over medium heat, about 30 seconds each side. To serve, place taco on a plate, top with slaw, avocado, cauliflower and a drizzle of sauce.