It just wouldn't be Easter without gingerbread! I just love the scent of ginger and cinnamon filling up the kitchen and house this time of the year. Here's our healthy version of the classic favourite. We've decorated ours with lashings of coconut whipped cream, berries and in true Loving Earth style, squares of chocolate. Enjoy x
Recipe provided by GoVita & Loving Earth
PREP TIME 10 mins COOK TIME 70 mins SERVES 10 - 12DIFFICULTY Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ½ cup Loving Earth coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup Loving Earth coconut nectar
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C and lightly grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together molasses, coconut oil, coconut nectar, apple sauce and coconut / almond milk.
- Make a well in middle of dry ingredients and pour in wet mixture. Gently fold together, making sure not to over-mix.
- Once combined, pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, decorate with coconut whipped cream (made with cold canned coconut cream and coconut nectar), berries of choice and chocolate!
- Slice and serve.