Because cake. Good anytime. This delicious number is made with the goodness of @_brookfarm_ macadamia. It’s a winner and super easy for the kids to make with you.
Recipe by Sam Gowing @chefsamgowing.
PREP TIME 20 minutes COOK TIME 40-45 minutesSERVES 1 Cake (8-10)DIFFICULTY Easy
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams caster sugar + extra for dusting
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil
- 1 orange, zest only
- 300 grams plain flour + extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon powdered yeast
- ½ cup Brookfarm Brothers Blend Entertainer roughly chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180 fan forced, 200 C.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until they turn white.
- Add the milk, Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil and orange zest.
- Sift flour and yeast together and add to the mixture slowly to combine.
- Fold in Brother’s Blend Entertainer
- Brush a 20 cm round, plain or fluted cake tin with Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil and dust with sugar and flour. Pour in the mix.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes. Test with a skewer.
- Remove from the oven, turn out onto a rack and let cool thoroughly.