Deliciously good and kinda like a sticky date pudding!
Image credit: kbaked.com
PREP TIME 10 mins COOK TIME 35 mins SERVES Makes 1 LoafDIFFICULTY Easy
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 ½ tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- Sarah’s Day Loving Earth Deluxe Mix
- 1 ½ cups buckwheat flour
- ½ cup blanched almond meal
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- dried figs, optional
- ½ cup agave nectar (or liquid sweeter of choice)
- Make flax egg and soak chia seeds in almond milk. Set aside.
- Mash bananas, and then add everything else!
- Add more almond milk if mixture too dry – you want the mixture to be a thick, gooey, muffin-like batter. 4.
- Add as much Deluxe Mix as you want, depending on how much texture you enjoy in your loaf! I also added some chopped up dried fig.
- Place in a non-stick silicone loaf pan. Cook at 180°C, for around 10 mins, or until the top of your loaf has begun to cook. Take out of oven and stab with a fork multiple times. Pour an additional ½ cup of agave nectar (or your chosen liquid sweetener) over the loaf, allowing it to soak into the holes. This ensures a nice gooey and sticky loaf!
- Put back in oven and cook until golden brown, gooey and bubbly, around 25 minutes.
- It is a pretty dense loaf and delicious hot! You can totally toast it too!