When going plant based, loads of people miss the taste of cheese. You don’t have to miss dairy at all with this delicious sliceable cashew cheese made with Natural Road, Savoury Yeast Flakes.
Recipe provided by Amanda Freeman from Whole Health Coach
PREP TIME 10 mins COOK TIME mins SERVES DIFFICULTY Easy
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- 1/3 cup water
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 a peeled carrot
- 2.5 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup natural road savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup gelatin powder (or substitute for 3tbs of agar powder)
- Olive oil
- Add the cashews, 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, coconut oil, tahini, carrot, salt, paprika, cayenne, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and garlic powder to the blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup of water and the gelatin powder to a saucepan and heat, stirring regularly until boiling.
- Remove from the heat and pour it into the blender on top of the cheese mix.
- Blend until smooth.
- Moving quickly, as it will start setting fast, pour the mix out into a round dish lined with olive oil.
- Refrigerate until set.
NOTE: You can also use this as a cheese sauce, just stop at step one and add an additional cup of water then blend.